Wednesday 30 November 2011

Texting and Driving

 I came across such a fantastic ad campaign today.
The communication is centered around highlighting the dangers of texting and driving, but with a really nice twist. The agency is Leo Burnett Tailor Made in Brazil, and the print ads were made for the car company Fiat. Using well-known last words of famous figures throughout history they suggested that they could be your last words  as well, if you texted them while driving. I think the idea is quite genius. See, when I look at ads these , I think I'm in the wrong field because I could never do what these guys did. I wish I could think like that.
Take a look:

Salvador Dali
Martin Luther King



Winston Churchill
Charles Darwin


Julius Caesar
Mother Teresa

Aren't they awesome??
 If your having trouble reading the copy, it says  :

"If you want your last words to be the same as (famous person name) simply text (last words)while you drive.

I love the clean design, the different cell phone shapes, and the tongue-in-cheek approach.I like they created a series of six, so each adapt has something new to offer. Really good work from the agency and props to Fiat for going with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment